Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Stitch Fix #3 - August 2015

I was so eager to get another Stitch Fix that I bumped up my date for my next box (I had bumped back my date for last month because otherwise it would have arrived while I was on vacation), so it's here! I had asked my stylist for some shorts and for a casual dress this time around.

When I first opened the box, I was struck by the color palette: aqua, navy, grey, and coral. It looked absolutely beautiful. I unwrapped the tissue paper and dug in. Here's what I found: 2 tops, 1 cardigan, 1 dress, and 1 pair of shorts.


There's one piece that I know for sure I am keeping, one I thought I was definitely keeping but am now unsure, one I just don't love, and two I am unsure about. So I need your help with making my decisions for what to keep with this box!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brand: Dear John Finnegan Roll Cuff Short
Price: $58

I've never really worn colored shorts; I usually stick to denim or khaki. So at first I wasn't sure about these. But part of why I'm doing Stitch Fix is to try things I wouldn't normally try, so I put them on. They fit pretty well (not too short or too tight, which is what I asked for) and they feel pretty comfortable, but they look pretty thin. I'm not sure that I'd be truly comfortable wearing these because I'd worry about showing my panty line or something like that. (Plus, you can see the outline of the front pockets through the shorts, which I'm not super keen about.) So I'm undecided on these shorts for now, though I'm leaning toward sending them back.



Status: undecided (ETA: I ultimately decided to return these)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brand: Market & Spruce Gillia Lace Detail Knit Top
Price: $58

I want to like this top. It has a lot of positives. I love the detail around the neckline and I love the neutral color. The fabric is super soft and the fit is comfortable. What I don't like are the sleeves. I really am not a fan of the roll up and fasten with a button types of sleeves. I tried unfastening the button and rolling the sleeves down but that just didn't seem "right" for the top. I tried pushing the sleeves up more. Nope. I'm just not comfortable with the sleeves, which means that even though I do like this top, it will probably sit in the closet. So this one is going back.



Status: returned
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brand: Skies Are Blue Setanta Embroidery Top
Price: $48

When I pulled this out of the box, I was struck by the color. So pretty. I was worried because the fabric seemed a bit thin, but when I tried it on the fabric didn't seem too thin at all (I couldn't see through it). The fabric is drapey and has kind of a crisp softness to it (if that makes sense). And it's super comfortable. A definite keeper. (I do really like the color of this top with the shorts, which makes me almost lean toward keeping the shorts just to wear with this top--but I can't really justify that.)

Status: keeper!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brand: Papermoon Soren Dress
Price: $68

I love the colors in this dress. I love the fabric. I love the back detail (which I didn't take a picture of) with the crossed straps. I love where it hits me on my legs. I love the shape of the top and the gathered section at the neck. I don't like the elastic waistband. Really really don't like the elastic waistband. And I think that might be enough to cause me to send this dress back. But I'm not sure. I do like it but if I don't like that elastic, will really liking the dress be enough to overcome that and reach for it and wear it? I don't know. What do you think?


Status: undecided (I ultimately decided to keep this dress)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brand: 41Hawthron Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan
Price: $48

When I first pulled the cardigan out, I immediately thought that it would be a keeper. I'm "collecting" cardigans so I can use them as layering pieces, so I was really happy to see this one. It feels nice and I don't yet have a navy cardigan, so I know I could use it. But then I put it on over the dress. This is a long cardigan. So long that I think it isn't really very flattering on me. It's super soft and comfortable and I do think that I would wear it, but I'm not sure that it's really a good piece to add to my wardrobe. Perhaps waiting for another navy cardigan would be a better idea. Thoughts on this one?


Status: undecided (I decided to see if I could exchange this cardigan for a smaller size. The answer was yes, so that's what I'm doing.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ack! Three undecideds! I need to make a decision quickly, so if you have any thoughts, please add a comment or send me a message. I'll update the post in a couple of days after I've made my decisions.

ETA (August 7, 2015): I updated the statuses on the undecided pieces.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is Stitch Fix? 
Stitch Fix is a service where a personal stylist sends you five pieces each month (or however often yo decide to receive your fixes) based upon your profile/suggestions/previous likes and dislikes from fixes. You have three days to try on the pieces and decide what to keep and what to send back. If you keep everything from your fix, you get a 25% discount. (You do pay a $20 styling fee for each shipment, but that goes toward your purchase as long as you keep one item.)

You can tell your stylist what you like and don't like, and Stitch Fix suggests that you create a Pinterest board with styles/items you like so your stylist can view them. And I can say after three fixes that my stylist has definitely paid attention to my Pinterest board because she's sent me some of the actual pieces I've pinned, which is really neat.

If you want to try out Stitch Fix for yourself, please use my referral link to sign up (If you sign up through that, I get a $25 credit when you are sent your first fix. Thank you in advance!)

No comments:

Post a Comment