Friday, September 4, 2015

Stitch Fix #4 - September 2015

For this Fix, I asked my stylist to try another pair of shorts. I was also opened to the possibility of wearing a color of shorts or pants with my previous fix, so I also asked for a pair of colored jeans. Other than that, I just said that I didn't need a dress this time around. I had added a couple of new things to my Pinterest board, but there wasn't much I was specifically trying to get this time.

My first thought on opening this fix was that there was a lot of denim. I assumed they were all pants/shorts. Instead, much of the denim was made up of a denim jacket. In addition to the jacket, I got a pair of shorts, a pair of colored jeans, and two sleeveless tops.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brand: Dear John Lillie Cuffed Short
Price: $58

This is the same brand (different style) of shorts that I got the last time. My stylist mentioned that she picked these because the fit is similar but the fabric is more opaque. I like these shorts. They are comfortable and the black denim is not something I have in my closet yet, so they fill a hole. I usually prefer less of a wash on my denim, but I think it works with these shorts.


Status: Kept

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brand: Level 99 Giovanni Straight Leg Jean
Price: $98

These are the same jeans as the grey ones that I received in Fix #2. The dark green color is a good choice--it allows me to try some colored jeans but at the same time isn't too "wild" of a color so it helps me ease into wearing them. I can totally see me wearing these. Although on the high end price wise of what I'm comfortable paying, I do think these will get a good bit of wear.



Status: Kept

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brand: Pixley Kalamath Mixed Material Top
Price: $54

When I pulled this top out of the box, I thought, oh yes! Definitely a keeper. I really liked it a lot, and when I tried it on, it fit perfectly. I've been going back and forth on sizes (I seem to be right in between two sizes) and this is the smaller of the two sizes. I think that for looser clothing, the smaller size is just about right. Had I checked out the same day as I got my box, I would have kept this top. But then I started thinking more about it. Although I never look at the prices until after I've tried everything on (I want to get an honest reaction and not let price be too much of a factor), I do think that this top is just priced too high. It's made of mostly rayon and although cute, just doesn't seem worth the listed price. Had the price been $34, I would have definitely kept this top.



Status: Returned, as much as I loved it because of the price

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brand: Dahlya Gleason Mixed Fabric Short Sleeve Top
Price: $54

I have to admit, when I pulled this top out of the box, my immediate thought was "no way!" I did not like the mesh fabric at all. My stylist wrote I can layer a cami underneath if needed. If needed? I'd never wear a top like that without a shirt under it! But one of the things I like about Stitch Fix is that I get clothes to try on that I might not try otherwise. So I kept an open mind and put on this top (over another shirt). And you know what? I liked it. It went from the "no way" to the "I just might keep this" list pretty quickly. Ultimately, I decided to return it and that decision was again based on price. Had the top been $34, it would be in my closet. At $54, it's going back to Stitch Fix.



Status: Returned, even though I surprisingly liked it, because of the price

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brand: Market & Spruce Jada Denim Jacket
Price: $68

I've been seeing denim jackets everywhere on Pinterest and blogs, so it wasn't really a surprise that my stylist sent me one. However, this is where we hit a snag. Apparently the smaller of the two sizes I'm between works great for looser fitting tops. But for something that is more fitted like this denim jacket, it just doesn't work. This jacket was way too tight across the back of my shoulders. (That's why the picture is on a dress form and not on me.) I just felt like I was wearing a straight jacket. I briefly considered asking if this was available in a larger size, but then I really examined the denim jacket and realized that it's a pretty heavyweight jacket. And I realized that even if I had a size that fit right, I would still feel weighted down while wearing it. So I'm going to send this one back and ask my stylist to try another brand/style of denim jacket with a lighter weight fabric.



Status: Returned

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is Stitch Fix? 
Stitch Fix is a service where a personal stylist sends you five pieces each month (or however often yo decide to receive your fixes) based upon your profile/suggestions/previous likes and dislikes from fixes. You have three days to try on the pieces and decide what to keep and what to send back. If you keep everything from your fix, you get a 25% discount. (You do pay a $20 styling fee for each shipment, but that goes toward your purchase as long as you keep one item.)

You can tell your stylist what you like and don't like, and Stitch Fix suggests that you create a Pinterest board with styles/items you like so your stylist can view them. And I can say after four fixes that my stylist has definitely paid attention to my Pinterest board because she's sent me some of the actual pieces I've pinned, which is really neat. I also love that I've had the same stylist each time so far.

If you want to try out Stitch Fix for yourself, please use my referral link to sign up (If you sign up through that, I get a $25 credit when you are sent your first fix. Thank you in advance!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment