Sunday, September 27, 2015

Stitch Fix #5 - Late September 2015

Because the Stitch Fix packages I've been receiving are coming from the same metropolitan area where I live, I usually get them the day after I get the shipping notice. That's super fun, but it also seems like even though I've listed my Fixes as a month apart, the time between is shortened by the super quick shipping. So although I technically already received a September box, this one also came in September! Perhaps bad for the wallet, but great to satisfy my craving for another fix!


I didn't really have any special instructions for my stylist this time beyond asking to try some looser fitting jeans (since the ones I have been getting have been skinny jeans). I know fall is here (though it doesn't really feel like it in Texas), but I have to admit that I was a little surprised (and to be honest, a little disappointed) by how dark the stack of clothing looked. I guess I was hoping for some brighter colors. I think I'll ask for that for upcoming boxes--in fall/winter, I like to wear brighter colors to offset the weather doldrums.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brand: Mavi Sonja Boyfriend Jean
Price: $88

I'm on the fence about these jeans. They're a lighter wash than I normally choose, but it might be nice to have a pair with a lighter wash. The waist band is just a tiny bit on the tight side, though, and when I did the sit down test (are the jeans comfortable when I'm sitting down), they did not pass (the waistband dug into me). So I put them in my "return" stack.

But walking around with them on while I was taking the pictures (I wore them for all the pictures), I started to really like how they felt. And I thought maybe I would keep them after all. Then I sat down. Nope. These jeans are too expensive to sit in my closet which is probably what would happen to them since they aren't comfortable to wear while sitting.

Status: Returned (sadly)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brand: Liverpool Kolten Denim Jacket
Price: $98

Last time, I got a denim jacket that just was too small and also felt bulky and heavy. I did say I'd be interested in trying again with a lighter weight jacket (so I guess I did have another request for this fix). And as soon as I picked up this jacket, I was already in love with it. I love the color and it feels so lightweight (and a bit stretchy). It's on the very high end as far as price, but I know that I will wear this and feel comfortable in it, so it's staying with me.

Status: Kept

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brand: Market & Spruce Aleah Heathered V-Neck Dolman Top
Price: $48

So when I pulled this top out, I immediately didn't like it. Although the fabric was super soft, it was a little thin and the shirt seemed a bit shapeless. My stylist said that it is versatile (because the bottom has an elastic band, it can be placed at any point on the lower body and then fluff it out from there). Although I think this piece has potential for styling (with the right statement necklace or infinity scarf), it's just not for me.

As I had expected from the initial impression, it feels rather shapeless. Because it has dolman sleeves, there is extra fabric on the sides, which you can see in the picture is just not flattering on me. I received another dolman top in a previous fix and kept it (it actually worked really well), so I don't think that the style itself is off for me, just this top. I also wasn't comfortable with this particular v-neck (which I usually like) because it felt too low cut and that the top would flap open every time I bent over.

Status: Returned with no looking back

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brand: Market & Spruce Margerie Stripes & Dot Open Cardigan
Price: $68

I saw this cardigan somewhere online and thought it looked neat, so it was exciting to get it in my box. Okay, exciting is an understatement. I think this is my favorite item that I've received so far! I absolutely love the polka dots on the inside, and the back is gathered, which helps to give it a little more shape. It's a fairly neutral color but the details make it not boring. This is going to be a piece that I wear a lot this fall and winter.



 Status: Kept (already in my closet)

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brand: Skies are Blue Zio Colorblock Mixed Material Tee
Price: $48

Holding up this shirt, I was disappointed. It seemed okay, but rather boring. Trying it on, it felt super comfortable and seemed like a really great fit. So I debated for a while about keeping it. But honestly, although it looks great under the denim jacket and I know I'd enjoy wearing it for the comfort factor, I just don't feel like it needs to be in my closet.

Status: returned

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what do you think? Did I make the right choices for this box? What would you have kept or returned?

What Is Stitch Fix? 
Stitch Fix is a service where a personal stylist sends you five pieces each month (or however often you decide to receive your fixes) based upon your profile/suggestions/previous likes and dislikes from fixes. You have three days to try on the pieces and decide what to keep and what to send back. If you keep everything from your fix, you get a 25% discount. (You do pay a $20 styling fee for each shipment, but that goes toward your purchase as long as you keep one item.)

You can tell your stylist what you like and don't like, and Stitch Fix suggests that you create a Pinterest board with styles/items you like so your stylist can view them. And I can say after five fixes that my stylist has definitely paid attention to my Pinterest board because she's sent me some of the actual pieces I've pinned, which is really neat (and the cardigan I got in this fix wasn't on my board, but I had posted other items with polka dots, which she mentioned in her note as the reason she was sending me that cardigan). I also love that I've had the same stylist each time so far.

If you want to try out Stitch Fix for yourself, please use my referral link to sign up (If you sign up through that, I get a $25 credit when you are sent your first fix. Thank you in advance!)  

3 comments:

  1. Cute fix. I got the KFTK boyfriend jeans in my recent fix and was worried they were too big on me, so I asked to size down. I haven't received the new pair yet but I am SO nervous they are not going to fit. The cardigan is super cute on you. I also LOVE that Zio top. I pinned it. I think it would look super cute with jeans or with some nice dress pants and necklace. Glad I found your blog. I will bookmark it and check back for more posts. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I hope the new size fits!

      And you know what? I'm wishing that I had kept the Zio top. I think I was disappointed that it was a little dull (I was wanting more color in this box) and boring and that made me decide to send it back. But I could have totally used it to wear under a more colorful cardigan or something like that. And it was really comfortable to wear. So I hope your stylist sends one to you. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete